Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Mendy's - Murray Hill

I once went to Mendy's and ordered the soup.  No, my name is not Kenny Banya.  (I think it's fair to say that if you're reading this very niche blog, you got the reference.)  Despite living so close to this deli, I had yet eaten a hot pastrami sandwich here, so I decided it was finally time!  (And then remembered a month later that I had yet to post about it!)

Not sure why, but I set my expectations low... perhaps it was the almost complete lack of any patrons during dinnertime!  But, boy, was I surprised at how delicious the pastrami was!  Despite the pastrami being fattier than others I've tried, it had a good soft and "creamy" consistency, along with what I can only describe as a bit of a smoky flavor that I hadn't noticed in other pastrami.  Perhaps that was reflected in its browner color.  I would've preferred the sandwich to be stuffed a bit more, but at $11.95, I'm not complaining!  It certainly was a meal!

One negative would be the matzah ball soup I had before the sandwich.  To me, it tasted worse than the kind I could make from a mix at home :(




Mendy's
61 East 34th St (between Park & Madison)
 6  train to "33 St"
 N   Q   R  trains to "34th St - Herald Sq"
 B   D   F   M  trains to "34th St - Herald Sq"
http://www.mendysdeli.com

$11.95


P.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment