Thursday, May 1, 2014

Mr. Broadway Kosher - Midtown / Manhattan

Wow, it has been way too long since my last post!

I met a friend of mine for lunch at Mr. Broadway Kosher not far from his office in Midtown.  He was quite surprised at how nice the place looked since he was last there two years ago, saying renovations had transformed it from a typical dingy Midtown diner to a very clean, modern-looking restaurant.

Anyway, on to the reason you're here: the pastrami.  Upon first inspection, the color seemed way too light, more pinkish instead of the deeper reds I'm accustomed to. (The color is off in the picture below.)  And then I took a bite... holy cow!  It had the tenderness / "creaminess" of Second Ave Deli!  While it wasn't as spiced or as stuffed as Second Ave's, the texture of the pastrami was one of the best I've had thus far!  And as a side note, the past few times I've had Second Ave when friends were visiting, it has been a bit underwhelming.

My friend got the brisket sandwich, which, unfortunately was dry in spots, but did have plenty of meat and good flavor.  It did come with a huge portion of fries that we both devoured.  I don't think I've made a comment about the pickles at any of the delis, but these were the crispest full sours that I've had (that's a good thing)!

The service, unfortunately, was very slow, which was surprising for a Midtown eatery during lunch!



Mr. Broadway Kosher
1372 Broadway (between 37th and 38th)
 1   2   3  trains to "34th - Penn Station" or "Times Sq - 42nd St"
 N   Q   R  trains to "34th St - Herald Sq" or "Times Sq - 42nd St"
 B   D   F   M  trains to "34th St - Herald Sq" or "42nd St - Bryant Park"
 7  train to "Times Sq - 42nd St"
http://www.mrbroadwaykosher.com

$14.95

No comments:

Post a Comment