Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Gottlieb's Restaurant - Williamsburg / BK

Finally made it to the last stop on my kosher deli tour of NYC... an old deli south of hipster/yuppie Williasmburg and on the edge of orthodox Williamsburg.  At this no-frills spot, you just order at the counter, grab a beverage, and sit down.  Went for the standard hot pastrami and a knish.  Sadly, the pastrami was bland, very bland.  Smooth consistency, but bland.  So that, unfortunately, puts it right near the bottom of hot pastrami sandwiches I've eaten.  The filling of the knish was great, but I wasn't the biggest fan of sesame seeds on the outside (see picture below).

Also, I'm pretty sure I was overcharged, but I was too lazy to figure it out, and the guy at the counter didn't speak English too well.

They do have a lot of other hot foods to eat there or take to go that look good, so maybe that's worth a try, but would definitely not have the pastrami here again.  A disappointing ending to the tour de 'strami!
           

Gottlieb's Restaurant
352 Roebling St, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
 J   M   Z  train to "Marcy Av"

$12.00... I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment